Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Test Recipie-Peanut Butter Cookies

I found this recipe in Better Homes 100 Best Cookies-Love on a sheet pan. Well there is no love for the Peanut Butter Cookies. I found them to be not peanut buttery enough and just plain. Maybe I should dip them in chocolate but they are not doing anything for me. Here is the recipe in case you too are looking for disappointment.



Classic Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 C Butter
1/2 C Peanut Butter
1/2 C Sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1 egg
1/2 t vanilla
1 1/4 c flour

preheat oven to 375. combine butter and peanut butter. Add Sugars, baking soda and powder. Beat till combined, beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in as much flour as you can stir in remaining w wooden spoon. Cover and chill one hour. Shape dough balls in to one inch balls roll in sugar, with the tines of fork flatten balls by making crisscross marks, bake for 7 to 9 minutes.

Again it was a fail for me. But most baking experiences are, cookies, breads, bars, normally a fail for me. I am hoping with this new challenge of cooking of baking new recipes each week will expand my culinary abilities.

No comments: