Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Test Recipie- Captia Crunch bars

First let me say Melted marshmallow makes EVERYTHING better. And Even thought I though Captain Crunch French Toast was the highest level of culinary heaven you could get I was wrong.
(an authors note, A Monte Cristo, is as close as you can get to heaven)


Yummmm, droooool, Hey Focus.


Well I made traditional crispy treats, melted butter, marsh mellows and then added as much Captain Crunch with Berries as I could. Santa is getting one hell of a treat this year!!!
 

Divas likes them too.


Since I was on a roll, I whipped up a batch of Homemade Monkey bread. I made a general butter roll dough, Then Avery and I rolled it into balls, dredged it in butter and then cinnamon, brown sugar and sugar, tossed it into a pan and then let it rise.

Which the dough refused to do. After 2 hours of waiting for air to enter my dough I gave up and baked it. Needless to say the dough balls fried in the butter and cinnamon mixture and hardened.

 They taste like crunchy sugar nuggets. So Fail.

 I wonder if this is how they came up with captain crunch in the first place?? Maybe some frosting or marshmallows will help, but I doubt it.


No comments: